Schedule a Bulky Waste Appointment
Bulky waste pickup has been suspended during Alameda County COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place order but a bulky waste self-haul option is available beginning May 11, 2020.
Call 510-613-8710 to get a ticket number to self-haul your bulky waste items to WM Davis Street Transfer Station located at 2615 Davis Street in San Leandro. You may also request an appointment for bulky waste pickup to take place after July 1, 2020.
The self-haul option for bulky waste is temporary and will be discontinued when bulky waste pickup resumes July 1, 2020.
Temporary Self-Haul Bulky Waste Option Instructions:
- Call 510-613-8710 to obtain a ticket number to drop off your bulky waste at no cost.
- The ticket number will be good through June 30, 2020. Regular bulky pickups will resume on July 1, 2020.
- Drop off at your convenience:
- Address: 2615 Davis Street in San Leandro
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7a.m-5 p.m. Saturday 8 am-4 pm. Closed Sunday.
- Self-haul option will follow the same guidelines for allotment and acceptable items as the current Bulky Waste program:
- Up to three large appliances +
- Up to four passenger vehicle tires +
- Up to three large household items/furniture +
- Up to 16 large trash bags +
- Bundled yard waste
- The self-haul option counts towards one of the two free pickups for Oro Loma Sanitary District customers.
Consider donating useful items or having a garage sale before calling Bulky Waste
Before throwing out useful items from your garage or basement, consider donating them to charity or holding a garage sale. Old magazines and newspapers can be recycled, as can corrugated cardboard and many types of plastic and metal containers. For other items that cannot be reused or recycled, remember, as an Oro Loma residential customer you are entitled to two free bulky waste pickups per calendar year.
How to prepare:
Bulky Waste How-To Video (1:23)
An overview of what types of materials and furnishings are accepted, and how to schedule and prepare for your bulky waste pickup. Oro Loma Sanitary District customers are allowed two bulky waste pickups per year.