Thank you for participating in the Oro Loma 2018 Schools Outreach Project!
The District received 2,300 entries from 29 schools serviced by Oro Loma!
Of these, 130 entries were chosen at random from responsive entries – 10 in each grade, Kindergarten through twelfth grade. Click HERE to find out if your entry was chosen to receive a commemorative certificate and a $100 gift card!
If you are a STUDENT and your name is on the list, please attend the Oro Loma Open House on May 5, 2018, where the Sanitary Board will recognize your efforts and present you with a certificate and gift card as follows:
Kindergarten and First Grade – 9:00 a.m.
Second and Third Grades – 10:00 a.m.
Fourth and Fifth Grades – 11:00 a.m.
Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grades – 12:00 p.m.
Ninth and Tenth Grades – 1:00 p.m.
Eleventh & Twelfth Grades – 2:00 p.m.
Unable to Attend?
If unable to attend, a family member must attend in your place. A letter with additional details was mailed to you at your school. Please contact the school to retrieve it.
If you are a SCHOOL REPRESENTATIVE, please attend the Oro Loma Open House on May 5, 2018, where the Sanitary Board will present your school with a $300 participation award. A letter with additional details was mailed to your school.
SCHOOLS OUTREACH PROJECT
Want to be chosen to receive a $100 gift card? It’s easy. In your own words, finish the phrase, “I think recycling is important because…” That’s it!
Just complete the paragraph on the back of the entry form, keep on topic, and be as neat as you can. You must attend a school in Oro Loma and you may only enter once. Remember, your submission MUST be in your own words. Submissions will be accepted from February 20 until March 23, 2018. Ten students in each K-12 grade in the District will be chosen at random from responsive entries.
Students whose submissions are chosen will receive $100 gift cards and commemorative certificates at the May 5, 2018 Oro Loma Open House. Students must attend the open house to receive their gift cards.
- “In my own words…” is a new, broadly-inclusive project that replaces the Oro Loma Earth Day Poster Contest.
- Open to all students in grades K-12 who attend a school in Oro Loma that is serviced for recycling by Waste Management.
- Students must read and ﬁll out the front of the entry card.
- Students must complete the phrase “I think recycling is important because…” on the back of the card and deposit their entry in the provided collection box by March 23, 2018.
- Ten students in each grade in the District will be chosen at random from responsive entries to receive $100 gift cards.
- Entries MUST BE in the student’s own words, on topic, and legible.
- Students whose submissions are chosen will receive gift cards and commemorative certiﬁcates at the May 5, 2018 Oro Loma Open House.
- The names of the students whose submissions are chosen will be sent to schools and posted on OroLoma.org on April 20, 2018.
- Students must attend the open house to receive their gift cards.
- Schools that participate will receive $300 checks and participation award certiﬁcates at the May 5, 2018 Oro Loma Open House.
- A school representative must be present at the open house to receive the school’s participation award.