SCHOOLS OUTREACH PROJECT
Want to be chosen to receive $50, $75, or $100? It’s easy. In your own words, finish the phrase, “I reduce waste at home when I…” That’s it!
Just complete the paragraph on the back of the card, keep on topic, and be as neat as you can. Then provide your contact information on the entry card and place it in the collection box at your school. You must attend a school in Oro Loma and you may only enter once. Remember, your submission MUST be in your own words. All entries with the same wording will be disqualiﬁed.
Submissions will be accepted through March 22, 2019. Entries from grades K-5 will receive $50; grades 6-8 will receive $75; and grades 9-12 will receive $100.
Students whose submissions are chosen will receive their awards at the May 11, 2019, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Oro Loma Open House.
- Open to all students in grades K-12 who attend a school in Oro Loma that is serviced for recycling and organics by Waste Management.
- Students must provide their contact information on the front of the entry card.
- Students must complete the phrase “I reduce waste at home when I ….” on back of the card and deposit the entry in the collection box at their school by March 22, 2019.
- Entries must be in the student’s own words, on topic, and legible.
- Students whose submissions are chosen will be notiﬁed by email. The students’ names will also be posted on OroLoma.org on Earth Day, April 22.
- The list of student awardees will be mailed to participating schools.
- If a student’s entry is selected, he/she will receive an award for $50, $75, or $100, depending on the grade. Students in grades K-5 will be awarded $50; grades 6-8 will be awarded $75; and grades 9-12 will be awarded $100.
- Students whose submissions are chosen may collect their awards at the Oro Loma Open House on May 11, 2019, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., or they may contact Oro Loma to make other arrangements.
- Participating schools will be awarded $250, which may be collected at the Oro Loma Open House on May 11, 2019, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Schools may also contact Oro Loma to make other arrangements.