All-In-One Recycling! There is no need to separate recycling!
Place all these items directly into your recycling cart, which is serviced every other week.
- Glass bottles & jars
- Empty aerosol cans
- Aluminum and tin cans
- All plastic containers, types 1-7. Examples include plastic bottles (water, soda, juice, milk, shampoo, bleach) and wide mouth containers (yogurt, butter, deli)
- Clean, flexible plastic bags such grocery bags, dry cleaning bags, clean plastic film or clean plastic food packaging (sandwich, bread, and produce bags), along with bubble wrap and thin plastic wrapping. Plastic bags and wrapping must be bundled into one plastic bag and self-tied.
- Mixed paper – newspapers, magazines, junk mail, cereal, boxes, egg cartons, phone books, milk and juice cartons (dry)
- Cardboard – must fit in the recycling cart
Recycle Used Motor Oil and Oil Filters
To dispose of used motor oil and oil filters, place up to two one-gallon jugs and two oil filters in special bags next to your trash cart every week. Used oil filters must be drained first. To order free oil jugs and free oil filter recycling bags, call 510-613-8710.
What does NOT go inside recycling cart
- Rocks, dirt, concrete
- Pressure-treated or painted wood
- Plastic bags – not even the “compostable” ones, which clog up machinery and must be removed by hand
- Palm leaves or cactus
- Glass, metal, styrofoam, liquids
- Textiles – clothes or shoes
- Broken dishware and glass
- Diapers and pet waste
- Hoses and wires
- Juice boxes and pouches
- Electronics (computers, monitors, radios, phones, toasters, vacuum cleaners, etc.)
Recyclables and Compostables: Think Before You Toss!
Duration: 15 seconds
Oro Loma Sanitary District says Think Before You Toss! Put recyclables – like bottles and cans – in the recycling bin and compostables – like food scraps and grass trimmings – in the green bin. Let’s all reduce what goes into the landfill.