Schedule a Bulky Waste Pickup
Consider donating useful items or having a garage sale before calling bulky waste
Before throwing out useful items from your garage or basement, consider donating them to charity or holding a garage sale. Old magazines and newspapers can be recycled, as can corrugated cardboard and many types of plastic and metal containers. For other items, remember, as an Oro Loma residential customer you are entitled to two free bulky waste pickups per calendar year. Pickup is by appointment only. Call Waste Management at (510) 613-8710 at least two weeks in advance to schedule your date. Click HERE to see the confirmation card that you will receive in the mail.
How to Prepare
- Have items ready for pick-up by 5:30 a.m., but please do not set them out the night before, as other people may add to the pile and you may incur charges
- Place pickup items in the street, next to the curb
- Do not block the sidewalk
- Make sure that large or bulky items do not topple or roll into the street
- Cover an area no larger than two regular sidewalk squares
- Customers will be charged for pickup of items that exceed program limits
- Before throwing out usable items, consider donating them to charity or holding a garage sale
- Old magazines and newspapers can be recycled, as can corrugated cardboard and many types of plastic and metal containers.
Bulky Waste How-To Video (1:23)
An overview of what types of materials and furnishings are accepted, and how to schedule and prepare for your bulky waste pickup. Oro Loma Sanitary District customers are allowed two bulky waste pickups per year.