Department Description and Purpose
The Maintenance Department provides equipment repair and maintenance services, including electrical instrumentation, process control, and mechanical & electrical services for treatment plant operations, collection system lift stations facilities, vehicles, buildings, and a 720 kilowatt cogeneration and emergency generator facilities. Additionally, the department maintains an on-site pump station and recycled water facility owned by East Bay Dischargers Authority. The Maintenance Department also manages and/or builds small capital improvement projects.
Ten authorized positions for FY 2013-14 and FY 2014-15
10-Year Strategic Goals
- Zero lost time accidents in all years and zero reportable injury years (3 out 10 years).
- Zero lift station overflows.
- Zero permit violations due to equipment failures.
- Maintain average monthly backlog to under 25% of the current month’s output.
- Maintain 95% annual uptime on cogeneration system.
- Maintain lift station contingency plan and provide training to allow 90 minute response and bypass at all remote sites.
Performance Measures and Results
- Maintain zero lift station overflows or effluent violations due to equipment or instrumentation failures.
- Ensure that department expenses do not exceed the adopted budget.
- Manage departmental expenses within budget.